AXOLO MESCLAT Sneakers
AXOLO MESCLAT Sneakers
Hemp and wool
NATURAL AND RECYCLED MATERIALS
- MESCLAT - Hemp and wool Insulating, soft and comfortable
- Made to last - Resistant and easily washable materials
- Waterproofed - To carry you everywhere, even if it rains
- Extragrip™ Sole - Running inspired, super cushionning and non slip
- Drytech™ internal sole - Ergonomic and removable
France : Hemp & wool I Portugal : external sole, internal sole, laces, packaging
Handmade in Portugal
Free delivery in mainland France* for orders over €120.
Preparation: your order will be prepared within 1 to 3 working days.
Delivery: once prepared, your order will be sent to your home address or to a relay point within 24 to 72 working hours, depending on your preference.
Returns are free in mainland France*.
You have 60 days from receipt of your shoes to benefit from the free return service. Items returned must comply with the following conditions:
- they must not have been worn outdoors
- they must be in new condition
The procedure for making a return is available on the "Returns and exchanges" page. *Delivery costs and return costs for international deliveries are available on https://ubac-store.com/retours-echanges/.
We recommend hand-washing in lukewarm water with a soft sponge or cloth.
Before cleaning, we recommend removing the laces and soles.
- Upper and lining in hemp (50%) & wool (50%) - FRANCE
- External sole made with rubber (70%) and natural recycled rubber (30%) - PORTUGAL
- Recycled cotton laces (100%) - PORTUGAL
- Drytech™ internal recycled PU sole (95%) and other synthetic materials (5%) - PORTUGAL
A trainer designed for intense everyday wear to accompany you on all your adventures in the city or out in nature.
- Embroided logo and eyelets
- Details with engraved logo on inserts
- Ultra-comfortable, waterproof mesclat uppers
- Strobel assembling
- Running-inspired outsole with cushioning technology and anti-slip grips
- Assembled with a solvent-free adhesive (water-based adhesive)
Future is recyclable
AXOLO is a 100% recyclable trainer. It can be returned to Ubac by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be recycled and reintegrated into future productions.
Mesclat (meaning 'blend' in Occitan) is made from 50% hemp and 50% wool. It is produced by Virgocoop, a French citizens' cooperative. It encourages the revival of a declining hemp textile industry and saves sheared wool destined to be thrown away. Ubac has been a member of Virgocoop for many years, and is involved at the heart of this revival of natural, local textiles.
For example, mesclat involves nearly 80 hemp farmers and 20 ewe breeders.
In agriculture, hemp grows without pesticides or irrigation, and cleans the soil. With its partner farmers, Virgocoop produces textile hemp, which is then processed into short fibres. There are several ways of spinning hemp, but the know-how of the textile hemp industry, which was very present in France until the middle of the 20th century, has virtually disappeared. Today, the cooperative is still unable to spin 100% hemp without relocating production.
By using short-fibre hemp mixed with wool, it is possible to carry out all the processing stages in traditional Occitan carded spinning mills. The result: a 100% French fabric, 100% natural and 0 dyes, which adds value to an entire industry.
For years, wool has been destined for destruction due to a lack of textile outlets, but Virgocoop now harvests it from farmers in Lozère. This provides additional income for the producers, and adds value to a highly valuable material: natural, thermo-regulating, insulating and anti-bacterial.
Mesclat saves 12,000 kilos of wool destined to be thrown away.
Mesclat is a fabric that combines the virtues of hemp and wool to create thermo-regulating products that keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
Hemp and wool are also highly resistant and anti-bacterial, helping to prevent unpleasant odours. Natural to the core, mesclat is not dyed, avoiding the use of water and chemicals.
Made from rubber trees, production offcuts and old soles
Because nothing beats action, we donate 1% of our sales to the Ligue pour la Protection des Oiseaux, a French environmental protection association.
Our donations are freely allocated to species protection, conservation, education and awareness-raising.